Thursday, February 4, 2010

still

just a super short update before meeting a friend....

We are still without internet at our house and my iphone and my computer still aren't playing nice... so no new photos to blog. Work on the dump continues, only a few boxes remain to unpack and all major life interrupting projects on the inside are done. Hallelujah. My studio (art and design, and photo editing) is finally usable. It took me 3 full morning to night days to get every little button and paper in it's place. I am loving being able to create again, it was a LONG nine months that my craft supplies were in boxes. The best part of my new work space is there is lots of room for me and several friends to work and it is connected to the playroom. I see lots of playdates/craft days in our future!

One of the things I love about our new house is how peaceful it is. I don't think I realized how stressful it was to live under a constant fear of being robbed again and always being on alert. Our new house has plenty of it's own challenges (water in the basement...) but it is calming and it forces you to be aware of nature. I love that. The sunsets are amazing. Something about removing our physical selves from the everyday craziness of living in a city (small city) has been so freeing but also so convicting. Both Hubs and I are deeply mulling over relationships, commitments, lifestyle.

all for now...

1 comments:

Lauren said...

Your house *is* really peaceful and I am so happy God blessed your family with such a neat place to live. We really enjoyed the time we spent with you the other day.