Tuesday, July 21, 2009

the real estate game

It's been a little quiet around the blog, and I don't think that's going to change anytime soon. We will find out today or tomorrow if our offer we put in on a house has been accepted. I suppose it should be nerve wracking, but it hasn't been.

It's a little crazy and shocking how it all transpired that we would be putting an offer on a house. About 3 weeks ago, my hubby and I had actually decided to not purchase a house anytime soon and were about to pull ours off the market. We were feeling conflicted about buying a house to fit our future needs that would really stretch us financially for a few years. We weren't impressed with any school or district we had scoped out. Between Moo's allergy issues and so much time and energy being devoted to teaching to tests, we had decided to home school for at least a few years. We still wanted a safe neighborhood even if the schools themselves were no longer a consideration. They kinda don't exist here, so we were just going to stay put and enjoy our little house for another year or two and continue to save for a bigger house in a better area. We decided we were not seeking God and allowing him to provide for our family. So we just let it go....

And a week ago, I got an email from a local realty group for a 4 bedroom, 2 bath , 2500 sq ft house listed for LESS than our current 2 bedroom, 1 bath, 1350 sq. ft house. We had actually looked at the house a couple months ago when it was 50K more.

So we put an offer on it.

Now we wait.

***offer accepted, now getting estimates from roofers and setting up a structural inspector.


The Tyson Family said...

Good luck with the house thing... Did you sell your house already? God spoke to us and we ended up taking ours off the market and we are staying put for a couple of years to save for a nice down payment!

Faith said...

God is good! It's especially good when we listen to Him!