Monday, August 4, 2008

moo vs. the ocean part 2


Moo's second encounter with the ocean went pretty much the same as the first back in December....

Run to the water with great excitement, waves come up to his ankles, Moo gets scared and falls on his butt. Moo becomes terrified of the ocean and spends the rest of the time at the beach sobbing in terror if anyone he loves goes near the water. He even ran out to the edge of the waves to try and "save" me.

Ella Bella didn't particularly enjoy her first encounter with the ocean either. She didn't cry, but her little body tensed up as her toes went in the water.





We bailed on the beach after half an hour and headed to the hotel pool. Which, despite getting completely submerged and struggling while we fished him out, Moo loved. Ella Bella was watching from the side in her car seat until I noticed she was completely drenched in sweat and didn't respond when I pinched her foot. I unbuckled her as fast as I could and jumped in the water with her to cool her off. She was fine, just gave me a scare! She seemed to like the pool...




2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Your water babies are too precious! I just wanna eat Ella Bella's thighs! I understand Moo's fear of the ocean. I was born on the west coast but hated the beach and I still hate sand on my feet.

Thanks for the stroller heads up! An e3 is awesome for you! I actually decided on a BOB duallie amd my parents recently bought it for me as a baby gift. I'm anxiously awaiting its arrival (man, I'm waiting a lot these days). :)

Lindsey said...

dude, those thunder thighs are awesome! (for now at least)